Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Higher Groundz: Hot Chocolate

Quite a while ago, my friend and I felt like a change of scenery. We packed up our bags and decided to check out Higher Groundz in San Luis Obispo, a cozy cafe with warm terra cotta red walls.

Unfortunately, it was raining that afternoon and most of the tables and sofas had already been taken. My friend and I got stuck with a table near the door, so every time someone ducked in to escape the rain, the gusting wind near blew over our cups! Both of us had a list of things we needed to work on, but the dramatic changes in temperature distracted us. I can't speak for my friend, but I know I didn't get much work done. 

But as this is a hot cocoa blog, let's talk about what I ordered! I got a small Hot Chocolate with whipped cream for $2.75. They put it in a to-go cup, so I won't be docking them for presentation as those cups are never cute, no matter where you go. As for the hot chocolate, it tasted lighter and thinner than most of cocoas I've sampled for SCIENCE, but it didn't taste watery. It simply tasted as though they didn't add enough mix in. It also lacked a strong chocolate taste (probably because they didn't add enough mix in). As such, it had about the same quality as a store-bought cocoa mix. Decent, but nothing special. 


Presentation: 
Yummy taste: 
Price: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!